Friday 12 October 2018

Lift-off



Again i was travelling back in time, i lost count how many times i travelled back and forward in  time. But surprisingly the flight went without problems. even the luggage was were i had to picked it up on my arrival in Brussels. After two days of travelling i was back again on Belgian soil.


This time tradition was broken. my parents were waiting at the airport instead of my sis, to drive me to my little farm . But my my sister and godchild still decided to have a break in their centerparcs holiday and were waiting at the farm.for our arrival. 


After a short reunion after a long time being away from home and family and a short dinner ,my sister, godchild and parents left to their own destinations to leave me in peace after the long  flight around the world and to recuperate from jet lag in my own little farm.I had only one night, because the next day i was heading to centerparcs. My sister still had a few days in the parc, so i was heading that way to join her.I spend the following couple days enjoying the company of my sister and godchild, who in one year changed from a non verbal child to a child that can’t keep up with his own thoughts to keep us informed.


The holiday is already gone while i’m writing and following up on my blog , on urgent demand of my sister. If i look back , i think where did it go. I have been away for 8 weeks, but where are they. What happened with those weeks.I know that i worked at the farm, but it seems that that was the only thing i did, if i look back.


I remember a beach festival. a night out dancing with friends. I remember that i had a visitor for two weeks named Billy. An English  bulldog. was coming to my farm to have a relaxed holiday. No stress around him, just moving from one place to lay down to the other one. Having a walk around the labyrinth of walkways in Euralia. It was great to have a four leg walking around the farm. I always loved dogs and having one now, even if it was only temporary, was a hint of the life i dream of. After Billy,s happy reunion with his family after two weeks Euralia parc, jumping in the family car without looking back and heading to his territory, i kept talking to the dog noticing he wasn’t around anymore. It was easier getting used to having a four legger around then not having one around.My sister and godchild spend several nights in Euralia parc , visiting Billy. and enjoying the heat in eve’s garden . Even my godchild was catching the building microbe and started to help putting a wall together.in the back garden .With a helping hand of parents, sister and godchild work at the little farm made some decent progress. It was the first time that i ever felt that the farm was getting closer to his end design.There is still a lot of work to do.but certain places were close to finish.


And suddenly that time was near again. A plane to catch. But i have to confess, this year was really hard to step on that plane , it becomes harder and harder going trough all those emotions over and over again, you would think it would go easier and easier after all those years of departures, but no. it doesn’t. The land of Oz is still a long way from home, and ten months is a serious time to bridge over. 



No comments: